The Air Force Aid Society is the official charity of the U.S. Air Force and has been meeting the unique needs of Airmen and their families since 1942. AFAS works to support and enhance the USAF mission by providing emergency financial assistance, educational support and community programs.
Our mission is to support Airmen and enhance the Air Force mission by relieving emergency financial distress, helping Airmen’s families achieve their educational goals, and improving their quality of life through proactive programs.
Our vision is to be a charitable institution that embodies the concept of Airmen Helping Airmen – that is embraced by Airmen and those who support Airmen.
- Our #1 priority is helping Airmen
- We will provide consistent support to all eligible Airmen
- Financially stable Airmen remain mission focused
- Convey to every Airman seeking support that we are here to help
- Ensure every Airman knows they received our best effort
- The majority of dollars donated to AFAS come from Airmen – we must be good stewards
- We are also generously supported by private industry and private individuals – we must be good stewards
- Every donated dollar must be applied towards helping Airmen. For every $1 donated, AFAS invests $3 in helping Airmen
- Programs are only sustained if they help Airmen
- Programs should adapt and innovate to meet the evolving needs of the modern Total Force
- Programs that are measured improve. Programs that are measured with leadership and staff accountability improve dramatically.